Do you have a balance of activities across the three areas: Creativity, Action, Service? If not, in which area do you need more involvement?
During the first year of the two year CAS program I had multiple activities that were categorized under all 3 areas. However, more of my activities were involved with action and service and less under creativity. This year I will partake in more activities under creativity.
Over the past year, did you average about 3-4 hours per week on different CAS activities?
Over the past year I averaged 3-4 hours per week and more during sports seasons. When I was not involved with sports I partook in other activities such as the "Children With White Coats" activity which lasted roughly 2-3 hours on weekends.
Have you collaborated with others on any CAS projects? Which ones and in what way?
I have collaborated with others in most of my CAS projects such as in sports teams and outreach programs such as the "Anteg- In Literacy" program. In these activities I would have to work together with other people to perform different tasks such as reading out loud to children and more.
Have you engaged with any issues of global importance in any CAS activities? If so, what issue?
A few of the activities that I joined were related to many global issues such as global literacy and education which were connected to the Anteg- In projects and global healthcare which were related to the dental and medical missions I joined.
Would you describe your level of engagement with that global issue as low, moderate, or high? (Did you become an expert in that area, could you explain the local situation around that issue to someone, did you just become acquainted with the issue?)
I would describe my level of engagement to the global issues as moderate. I have become acquainted with these different issues and can explain how they are in the different local situations.
What is one issue of global importance (check the list HERE) that you wanted to get involved with but you haven't had the opportunity to do so?
One issue of global importance that I wanted to get involved with is natural disaster prevention and mitigation.
Which activity from last year was the most meaningful to you? Why?
The activity from last year which was most meaningful to me was the Anteg- In Literacy project. This project was very meaningful to me because it is associated with helping improve education for all, which I believe is a very important global issue. This activity was also important because it helped me improve my collaborative skills which was one of my goals.
Which activity did you not care for or was not very significant to you? Why?
All of the activities that I participated in last year were significant to me because they all addressed global issues that I was interested in and they all helped me reach my personal goals for the CAS program.
What is one thing that you planned to do at the beginning of G11 that you have not begun yet?
One thing that I planned to do at the beginning of G11 that I haven't begun yet was to initiate and plan my very own CAS activity.
Have you initiated any activities? Have you initiated any part of any activities? Describe.
So far I have not yet initiated any CAS activities.
What was the date of your first involvement in CAS activities?
the date of my first involvement in CAS was August 1st, 2011 which makrked the beginning of the volleyball season.
Is your “List of Activities” page on your blog up to date?
Most of the activities I have joined are in my list of activities except for a few that I have not yet completed.
How many of your blog posts are tagged with learning outcome labels?
Do you have an final refection for every significant CAS activity you did last year? If not, which reflections are you missing?
I have a final reflection for every CAS activity I did last year except one for the children with white coasts activity that I have not completed
Sounds about right.
ReplyDelete