Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anteg-IN Literacy Project Reflection

The literacy project that I was a member of wherein a group of students visited the Anteg- In elementary school to assist children to learn and improve literacy skills was a great experience. During this CAS project I was able to learn many new things about teaching because this was my first time to partake in this type of activity. In this project I was able to greatly improve my collaborative skills more especially with children which I find quite difficult.
Though I was only able to go a few times I feel that I am now more able to communicate and collaborate with people more easily. One of my goals was in this CAS activity was to learn more about global issues such as global literacy among children and through this experience, I was able to learn many things in improving this issue by learning different methods of helping children with literacy skills. I learned that it only takes simple approaches such as reading short stories and having children write was a great way to do this. Also I became more aware of this topic that is present in many areas around the world and realized that access to education is very important. I felt that the project was very successful and I would happily participate in a similar activity in this future.

1 comment: