Sunday, February 5, 2012

Basketball Proposal (Road to Redemption)

Timeline: January 25- March 21

Description: This CAS activity will be similar to the activity I participated in during the first half of the school year wherein I was a member of the varsity volleyball team however this time I will be a member of the school's varsity basketball team. I have been a member of the basketball team since the 9th grade and I consider it as my number one sport. Like all the other school teams, the basketball team has been joining the ISAC competition which is at the end and is the most important tournament of the season. During last year's ISAC tournament our basketball team performed significantly well considering how we won all of our games and unfortunately only lost in the finals against British School Manila. This season's ISAC tournament will be held in Brent Subic and hopefully the team will once again be a solid contender and will this time win the championships which is something that we have been wanting to do since the end of last year's season.

This CAS activity will be under the action group and during this season I have set many goals for myself as well as our team. Personally, as being one of the veteran players on the team I want to improve my leadership and collaborative skills to further bring the team together which is one of the most important things to accomplish if we intend on winning this year. Team work was something we lacked last season which was a contributing factor to our championship loss. Also I aim to improve on my personal skills in the sport and overall become a better and more well- rounded athlete and basketball player. Hopefully, we will win this year.

Supervisors:
Roger Ngo
Robert Bufanda
Nathan Lagazon

1 comment: