Copy and paste this into your newly created CAS blog. Title the new page "Initial Self-review".
As part of your CAS requirement you will be asked to write an Initial Self-Review. The questions in this worksheet are designed to give you some “jumping off points” for this written reflection. To be most helpful your answers should focus on basic CAS areas for growth such as physical activity, artistic pursuits, social situations, personal growth, service work, as these will give a better idea on where to focus your future CAS activities.
1. What is your greatest accomplishment so far? How has this affected your life? What did you learn from it?
My greatest accomplishment so far was to pass my driver's test and get my driver's license. It has made me fell more responsible and somehow more mature. I learned that achieving little things such as getting driver's licenses require responsibility and maturity.
2. What are you really good at?
As of now, I don't think there is something that I am really good at. I hope to one day discovery something that i am good at or expand on something that i do now to be very skilled at it such as basketball.
3. Name one skill you have always wanted to develop in your life but that you haven’t yet.
One skill I've always wanted to develop is my cooking skills. I have always been interested with cooking and the different styles and techniques there are and how they are applied.
4. Name one activity that you would like to try but that you haven’t yet. Why would you like to try this?
I would like to one day try sky diving. This activity looks very interesting and accomplishing this will be a real test of my bravery.
5. Name a person you admire right now. What qualities does this person have that you don’t?
One person i admire right now is Nick Vujicic. This person is very inspiring and he has a lot of confidence and courage that I lack.
6. What’s different about you now compared to what you were like when you were 10 years old?
Differentiating myself now from when I was ten years old I would have to say that I am now more aware of things in my environment and that I am now more educated in all aspects of life.
7. Describe the kind of person you think you will be post IB.
Post IB I think I will have matured in every part of my academic and none-academic life and overall I will be more organized, responsible and I will have a better awareness of things around my environment.
ACTION:
1. List any clubs, organizations, sports, or other teams in which you are currently involved which involve ACTION: (varsity or club sports, dance, etc.)
Varsity Basketball
Varsity Volleyball
2. How are you involved—as a participant, as an officer, do you have a leadership role? What gifts or talents do you contribute? Explain your answers for each organization or activity.
In both varsity sports that I am currently involved in, I can say that I play a vital role in the team as a vocal leader. I get the ream together when needed on the court and help make decisions that are important to accomplishing our goals.
3. How committed are you to the activity? Is it a substantial commitment? Does the organization, club, or team involve themselves in substantial, significant endeavors of which you are an active participant? Explain your answers for each organization or activity.
For both varsity basketball and volleyball I see myself as a very committed member. When the sport is in season I rarely miss practice and games and only do when I am sick. I also play these sports when they are not in season to further improve my overall game for the following season. In both sports I play for there are tournaments that are hosted to practice (Brent Cup) for the final tournament which determines our ranking among several international schools in the country (ISAC)
4. What goals have you or will you set for yourself in terms of your performance and endeavors in each of these activities? Are these goals realistic and achievable? For each of the goals, what challenges do you think you might face? What new skills or new skill levels will you develop? Will these goals “stretch” you?
For this years seasons of varsity sports my goal is to win all the competitions we join and become the top seed team and school ISAC. I think these goals are very achievable because they have been done before and realistic because the varsity teams have they potential to complete the goals. In order to achieve these goals however many new skills in these individual sports will need to be developed along with other aspects such as emotional, psychological and physical strength. The goals set will stretch me because if indeed they are achieved, it means that a lot of work and effort in everything that I did was made.
CREATIVITY:
1. Are you involved in any creative or artistic endeavors (orchestra, choir, GANZA, MUN, theater, etc.)? Do you use your creativity in helping to plan events/activities? Explain your answers for each organization or activity.
Currently I am not involved in any artistic endeavors.
2. How are you involved—as a participant or do you have a leadership role? What gifts or talents do you contribute? Explain your answers for each organization or activity.
3. How committed are you to the activity? Is it a substantial, significant commitment? Do you take an active role in participation? Explain your answers for each organization or activity.
4. What goals have you or will you set for yourself in terms of your performances or creative endeavors in each of these activities? Are these goals realistic and achievable? For each of the goals, what challenges do you think you might face? What new skills or new skill levels will you develop? Will these goals “stretch” you?
1. List community/national/global issues that concern you the most.
-World Hunger
-Human Trafficking
- Climate Change Disasters
2. How have you currently involved yourself in these issues?
Currently I have researched on these issues and how they affect people in different communities. Also, when outreach programs are held I try to help in any way possible.
3. What issues would you like to learn more about?
Inflation
4. What skill(s) would you like to develop or learn in your service endeavor?
In my service endeavor I would like to improve on my communication skills.
5. Do you want to work directly with people? If yes, would you prefer to work with children, adults, or the elderly? I would like to directly work directly with people to improve on my communication skills. I would prefer to work with adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment